Sunday, October 16, 2005

YGRAINE IS DRESSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS, BUT SHE ISN'T INTO THE SPIRIT.


I am babysitting my grand-dog right now. Her parents have moved in with friends while they demolish their current home and build a new one.


I don't understand people who say dogs don't "have feelings." It's so clear!

Ygraine sat by the front window when her "daddy" drove away and whimpered. She sniffed at the piece of cheese I offered her but refused it. She turned back to the window, hoping against hope ...

Then she sighed and walked forlornly over to her place on the rug by the television where she had sat the whole time her dad was here.

I know she'll adjust in a couple of days. She's been here before. Right now she's miserable, missing her home and her folks. (Ever had that feeling?) I will gently work with her but right now I'm not what she wants and there's no way around it.

It's sad to see her refuse the love that's here for the love that's gone.

No comments: