Wednesday, October 12, 2005

WONDERING WHAT TO DO FOR THE HOLIDAYS?


Q: What are your plans for the holidays?

It's good to have a plan! If you know you're going to be unhappy spending Thanksgiving by yourself, get proactive. You can be proactive in your own style, according to your own personality. Not everyone is a raging extrovert after all. (If you're an introvert, and/or intuitive as well, check out TheIntrovertzBlog for tips on how to enjoy your own style, and help others see how it works for you.

Here's a tip from a reader:

A: I think this year I'd like to go over to someone else's house. Last year I took a cruise over Thanksgiving. I missed a homemade turkey dinner.

Q: So what will you do?

A: Well, I'm on the quiet side, but I have lots of friends, so here's what I'll do. I reconnect with people who are likely to invite me over. I have one friend who I know if I just give her a call along about now, she'll ask, "What are you doing for Thanksgiving?" and then I say "Nothing. My son will be at the in-laws," and then she'll say, "Well why don't you come join us?" and there's my invitation. There are others who would do the same, so I choose who I get around.

Technorati Profile

No comments: