Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Lullaby for the New Year

THE BEST LULLABIES IN THE WORLD ARE CELTIC

Here's a beautiful site about lamentations, with some poems, writings and audio. The Celtic harp is very soothing.

This is how many feel during this week . . . it's time to say goodbye to another year, some dreams, maybe some other things. It's often a low-energy time, too. We are recovering from all the rigors of Christmas. We're recuping, and preparing for the big burst into the New Year. Get ready, get set, go! Meanwhile, if you feel like cocooning, head your inner wisdom. Put a fire im the fireplace, stroke the cat, take the dog on a nice walk, sit and play with your children quiety . . . just let this time period pass.

Soothing music can be helpful too.

One of the recordings on this lamentations CD is based on the Irish melody "Jail of Clonmel., which is "meant to express the most powerful aspects of being alive, in spite of the losses and challenges we face.

This embrace of the full range of life's gifts is expressed beautifully in the poem 'When Death Comes,' by Mary Oliver:

think of each life as a flower, as common
as a field daisy, and as singular,

and each name a comfortable music in the mouth
tending as all music does, toward silence,

and each body a lion of courage, and something
precious to the earth.

When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was a bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it's over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened
or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.
==========

ARBONNE Neutraceuticals can help you through the winter months. Get started on the DefenseBuilder and the Get Well Soon Dietary Supplement. They'll bolster your immune system which is your FIRST line of defense against bacteria (like pneumonia), and your ONLY line of defense against viruses (like flu and bird flu). It's true. Ask your doctor.

Order your nutriceuticals, vitamins, hormone replacement, lotion, baby products, all safely with me ONLINE at My Arbonne. (And why not become a distributor for the New Year. Isn't is about time you got your own online business going??)

No comments: