Sunday, February 12, 2006

Valentine's Day When You're Single

If you're single, how are you coping with Valentine's Day?

From today's mailbags come various suggestions:

From Mary C. in Seattle, Washington
I was in the grocery store today and of course the first thing you walk in to is the big Valentine's displays. I love fresh flowers. It reminded me of the big bouquet Fred sent me last valentine's. I work in a big office and I thought about just getting myself some. Then I decided not to and just to ignore the whole thing. I'm just going to act like it's not happening.

From Sandara K. in Birmingham, A.
This is the second Valentine's Day since my divorce. This one's easier than last year. I don't have a new boyfriend and it made me sad to look at all the romantic Valentine's cards, so I just don't do it. When I see something that makes me think of something sad, I distract myself. I remember that in your Optimism course.

Albert D. in Dallas, Texas
I'm sending flowers to my new girl friend. I don't like her that much. I'm still in love with Amanda. It will probably get me in trouble, like leading her on. I'm kind of on the spot. But anyway I'm sending her flowers.

Tell us how YOU are coping with Valentine's when you don't have a honey. Send your responses to sdunn@susandunn.cc .

No comments: